Sunday, September 27, 2009

Even so, I'm taking that crumb off!


If the poor overweight jogger only knew how far he had to run to work off the calories in a crust of bread he might find it better in terms of pound per mile to go to a massage parlor. ~Christiaan Barnard

Nikki (a friend of mine here in JC) and I went to the high school track today, finally! We've been trying for more than two months now to meet up and something always got in the way; children, volunteering, doctors appointments, life but today we made it out.

Since today was our first official "jogging day" we would run 1/8 of a mile and walk 1/8 of a mile, that pattern actually got us moving 1/4 mile in 3.15 min. Since we were on the track for 1 hour it calculates to 60 min /3.15 min = 19.04 (quarter laps)/4 (laps in a mile) = 4.76 miles in 1 hour which = 12.6 min per mile!

I am quite excited that we are so close to a 12 min mile! The presidents standards for a 17 year old girl is a 10 min mile, so we really aren't far off, especially for a couple of almost 30 yr old house moms who are only starting a jogging routine now.

I am hoping to be able to run the entire 1/4 mile by the end of the week and go from there. Although, I need to remember to bring my emergency inhaler because I did have a minute in the beginning where I thought I might need it.

Fingers crossed we will be able to stick with it and make it to a 10 min mile shortly.



................................................................................................................................................

Calories burned: running 12 min/mile (5mph) : 1hr : 623 cal : 4.76 miles


0 comments:

Post a Comment